General Information: Cali Bamboo® flooring is treated with an industry-leading scratch resistant coating, and its density and strength surpasses almost any other flooring in the world. Bamboo flooring is tough, but all hardwood flooring is pervious to dents, scratches, discoloration or other natural or man-made damage. Prevention is a big part of the care for bamboo floors.
|Hardest Floors in the World! Fossilized™ Bamboo Flooring Janka Tested 5000+lbs: Strips are cut from whole bamboo canes and are boiled to remove sugars and preserve the wood. Only premium quality strips are selected for manufacturing, while lower quality strips are sold to discount flooring companies. After 15 days of treatment and drying, a final moisture content of 6%-8% is achieved to ensure optimum stability. Whether you choose to nail, glue or float, Cali Bamboo's tongue and groove system makes every floor installation a breeze.
The following information provided by Cali Bamboo is intended to serve as a reference guide only. Please carefully read Cali Bamboo’s installation, maintenance and warranty documentation prior to installation. Follow the National Wood Flooring Association’s Installation Guidelines and recommendations when installing your floor.
Prior to Installation of Bamboo Floor: Cali Bamboo® flooring is manufactured in accordance with accepted industry standards, which permit manufacturing, grading and natural deficiencies not to exceed 5%. Cali Bamboo® flooring will replace or refund the purchase price of any material deemed to be defective in excess of 5%.
- Installer/Owner assumes all responsibility to inspect all flooring before installation. If the installer/owner feels flooring material is off-grade, wrong color, improperly manufactured, wrong sheen level and finish problems, DO NOT INSTALL the flooring. Immediately contact the distributor/retailer from which the flooring was purchased. NO CLAIM will be accepted if flooring has been installed. “Installation warrants acceptance”. The installer/owner should select boards appropriately and relocate marginal boards to inconspicuous areas or cut out pieces with defects, if, and when required.
- Bamboo is a natural product, visible color variations may occur. We recommend opening all cartons of flooring before beginning installation to check for shade and then mixing cartons to achieve a natural variation throughout the entire floor.
- Prior to installation of the bamboo floor installer/owner must determine that the jobsite environment conditions and subfloor meets or exceeds all applicable National Wood Flooring Association's Installation Guidelines.
- After receiving your order, Cali Bamboo recommends flooring preparation by sticker stacking(completely removing the flooring from boxes and cross stacking them with room for air to pass through) the flooring at the installation site, for a minimal of 72 hours before installation, to allow flooring to adjust to room temperature and humidity.
- Cali Bamboo declines any responsibility for flooring failure resulting from substrate and/or jobsite environmental deficiencies.
- Use appropriate floor leveling products for correcting subfloor deficiencies.
- The use of the stain and finish touch-up kit and putty during installation should be accepted as normal procedure.
- Since bamboo expands with any increase in moisture content, we recommend leaving at least 1/2" expansion space between flooring and all walls and vertical objects (such as walls, cabinets, pipes, etc.).
- Moisture difference between the bamboo floor and the sub-floor should not be more than 3 %.
- Determine the best installation method that suits your application. Cali Bamboo® floors may be Floated (not secured to the subfloor), Glued, or Nailed. Follow the instructions designated for the best installation method suitable for your project.
- Upon ordering of wood floor material consider adding additional 8% to allow for cutting waste (5%) and grading allowance (3%).
- The selection of mechanical fasteners and floor nailers vary by manufacturer and offer the choice of manual or air-assisted. It is the installer’s responsibility to ensure that the fastener is properly seated as dimpling of the bamboo face or edge is not considered a manufacturing defect.
Please note: Cali Bamboo offers free in house technical support as a courtesy to our customers. Consult with one of our bamboo flooring experts before; during or after you start your project. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (888.788.2254) to find answers to your specific installation questions that may be unique to your application.
- Occasional noise in mechanically fastened floors is due to abnormal structural movement and in many cases is related to changes in environmental conditions. Cali Bamboo does NOT warrant against mechanical fastened related noise issues.
Radiant Heat Systems: Cali Bamboo® flooring is recommended for use over radiant heat systems only if bamboo flooring surface temperature does not exceed 80 degrees fahrenheit. If possible, check with the heating manufacture to successfully limit the maximum temperature in order not to exceed recommended bamboo surface temperature. Relative Humidity must be maintained between 40-60%. Sub floor moisture should never vary greater or less than 3% than that of the flooring moisture content. Refer to your particular radiant heating system manufacturer to learn how to install the heating system and for tips on installing the floor. The floating installation method is the most suitable for use with radiant heat systems. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the recommended environmental conditions are met and are suitable for installation of Cali Bamboo® flooring products.
- Radiant heat system must be turned on and in operation for at least 6 days before installation.
- The system must be turned down to 65°F and maintained 24 hours prior to installation.
- Once the installation is complete the system must be turned back on and brought back up to normal operating temperature slowly (over a period 4-5 days).
- Maintenance: Cali Bamboo recommends you vacuum or sweep the floor on a regular basis or as needed to remove dirt, sand or grit. Soak up spills immediately using a dry towel or dry mop. Never wet-mop a hardwood floor. Protect floor from moving furniture by using “feet” or protective caps. Pick up heavy objects; do not slide furniture or appliances across the floor. Keep pets nails trimmed to avoid excess scratching. Avoid rubber backing, vinyl or non-ventilated rugs. Limit direct sunlight on floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are exposed to high UV rays. Maintain humidity between 40% -60%. To remove hard-to-clean substances such as chewing gum, use Goof-Off™ or Goo-Gone™. Floor wax and oil should not be used.
|Top Coating: In areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, and spaces where food service occurs, top-coating the floor will help prevent against moisture damage. In heavy food service areas such as restaurants, two to three top-coats are recommended. Cali Bamboo recommends using Bona flooring finish products www.bona.com in these areas. Carefully read and follow all BonaKemi finish application instructions.