Bamboo Fencing Care and Maintenance
Form and function have finally come together in the fence world. Aesthetically pleasing, durable, easy to install, and made from the strongest, most environmentally sustainable wood on Earth, Cali Bamboo® Fencing transforms yards, enhances landscapes, and adds a new dimension to the concept of what a fence can be.
Cali Bamboo® Fence Panels are constructed from select bamboo poles that come from sustainably managed organic bamboo groves. As the world leader in bamboo fencing, Cali Bamboo™ Fence Panels must first undergo an extensive selection process to ensure the uniformity consistency before being put through our proprietary Sigma7™ Processing which ensures the longevity and durability that can only be found in a Cali Bamboo® Fence.
- Cleaning Solutions: Combine ¾ parts water, ¼ parts bleach, or use any environmentally-friendly fence cleaner available at your local hardware store: Simple Green™ or Olympic™ Premium Deck Cleaner & Brightener
- Tools : Power Washer, Nylon Bristle Brush, $12 Spray Nozzle, Spray Bottle, Sander / Sandpaper
- Sealant: TWP® 300 – with fungicide and UV inhibitors.
- Spray bamboo liberally with cleaning solution.
- Allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Scrub surface with a nylon bristle brush, wipe away loosened residue with towel.
- Rinse bamboo using power washer or hose.
- Allow 2 days for bamboo to air-dry completely.
- Apply first coat weather-protectant containing fungicide and UV-inhibitor. Always follow manufacturer’s application instructions. See guidelines below:
- Do not apply below 50°, if rain is expected within 48 hours, or heavy dew is present.
- Mix thoroughly before applying first coat to bamboo panel using a brush, roll or spray.
- Avoid exposure to high levels of moisture while the sealant is drying.
- To accelerate dry time, scuff up the tacky TWP® surface of to release entrapped solvents.
- The best finish will be achieved with two coats.
- Allow 3 days for the first coat to dry thoroughly.
- Scuff up the first coat of sealant with a bristle brush prior to applying second coat for best results.
- First year maintenance: Clean and re-seal your fence following steps above after 12 months.
- Regular maintenance: Sweep away foliage buildup from your fence regularly, especially where shade and water is abundant. Take measures to edge and trim the terrain around your fence.
- Future maintenance: Clean and re-seal your fence every 2-3 years, or as needed depending on the regional climate conditions. Follow steps above.