Bamboo Flooring Care & Maintenance
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
Cali Bamboo® flooring is treated with an industry-leading scratch resistant coating, and its density and strength surpasses almost any other flooring in the world.
Bamboo flooring is tough, but all hardwood flooring is pervious to dents, scratches, discoloration or other natural or man-made damage. Prevention is a big part of the care for bamboo floors.
- Cali Bamboo recommends you vacuum or sweep the floor on a regular basis or as needed to remove dirt, sand or grit. (Use hard surface vacuums only, without beater bars)
- Soak up spills immediately using a dry towel or dry mop.
- For general cleaning, use Bona Pro Hardwood Floor Cleaner & Bona Pro Hardwood Floor Mop.
- Fit furniture legs with felt tips or protective caps. Fix rolling furniture with soft rubber casters. Pick up heavy furniture or appliances; do not slide.
- Keep pets nails trimmed to avoid excess scratching.
- Limit direct sunlight on floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are exposed to high UV rays.
- Maintain relative humidity within a +/- 20% range of the average indoor climate conditions and the conditions set at the time of acclimation, such as between 40-60%.
- Never wet-mop a hardwood floor. Standing water may cause permanent damage.
- Never use any of the following products on your floor: ammonia-based cleaners, mineral spirits, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials such as vinegar. Never apply wax treatments to your floor.
- Use interior and exterior doormats at entrances to prevent dirt and moisture from being tracked onto the floor.
- Area rugs are also recommended in front of kitchen sinks and in high traffic areas.
- Do not use rugs with solid rubber or vinyl backings. Rugs must be made of a breathable material to prevent moisture entrapment. We recommend using a breathable rug underlay. Mesh or grid patterns are best.