GeoWood Floor Care
- To clean up dried glue use either Bostik Ultimate Adhesive Remover or Titebond Adhesive Remover cleaning wipes.
- For Cleaning, we recommend dry or damp mopping as needed using Bona Professional cleaner or similar.
- Do not use anything abrasive or harsh chemicals to clean the floor. Never use any of the following products on your floor: ammonia-based cleaners, mineral spirits, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, acidic materials such as vinegar.
- Never apply wax treatments or top coats to the floor.
- Do not drag furniture across the floor, use felt pads on chair and furniture legs.
- Keep pet’s nails trimmed to avoid excess scratching.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to remove loose dirt. Do NOT use vacuums that use a beater bar or turn beater bar off.
- Place quality walk-off mats at all entrances to retain tracked in dirt, grit and moisture, never use latex or rubber backed mats as they can permanently stain the floor.
- Area rugs are also recommended in front of kitchen sinks and in high traffic areas.
- Although the Cali GeoWood Flooring is water resistant, it is still a best practice to avoid excessive moisture on the floor. Therefore, we recommend soaking up spills immediately using a dry towel or dry mop.
- Limit direct sunlight on floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are exposed to high UV rays. Heating units or non-insulated ductwork close to the flooring or subfloor may cause “hot spots” which must be eliminated prior to installation.
- Heavy furniture (500+ lbs.) may obstruct the free, natural movement of a floated floor. Restricting this movement in certain areas can lead to problems such as buckling or separation when the floor experiences natural expansion and/or contraction.
Need help or have any questions?
Call our Flooring Specialists at: 1(888) 788-2254