Vinyl Floor Care
Cali Vinyl LVP is manufactured with an extra-thick 20mil commercial wear layer, and its density and strength surpasses almost any other flooring in the world. Luxury Vinyl Planks are tough, but all flooring is pervious to dents, scratches, or other natural or man-made damage. Prevention is a big part of the care for all flooring. Below are some simple vinyl floor care recommendations.
- For Cleaning, we recommend dry or damp mopping as needed using Bona Stone Tile & Laminate cleaner or similar.
- To clean up dried glue use Bostik’s Ultimate Adhesive remover.
- Do not use anything abrasive or harsh chemicals to clean the floor. Never use any of the following products on your floor: ammonia-based cleaners, mineral spirits, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, acidic materials such as vinegar.
- Never apply wax treatments or top coats to the floor.
- Do not drag furniture across the floor, use felt pads on chair and furniture legs.
- Equip swiveled-type office chairs or rolling furniture with broad surface non-staining casters with a diameter of at least 2”.
- Keep pet’s nails trimmed to avoid excess scratching.
- Lighter colors and darker colors naturally show more dirt, flaws and marks and are considered higher maintenance.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to remove loose dirt. Do NOT use vacuums that use a beater bar or turn beater bar off.
- Place quality walk-off mats at all entrances to retain tracked in dirt, grit and moisture, never use latex or rubber backed mats as they can permanently stain the floor.
- Area rugs are also recommended in front of kitchen sinks and in high traffic areas.
- Although the Cali Vinyl™ Plank Flooring is waterproof, it is still a best practice to avoid excessive moisture on the floor. Therefore, we recommend soaking up spills immediately using a dry towel or dry mop.
- Limit direct sunlight on floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are exposed to high UV rays. Heating units or non-insulated ductwork close to the flooring or subfloor may cause “hot spots” which must be eliminated prior to installation.
- Heavy furniture (500+ lbs.) may obstruct the free, natural movement of a floated floor. Restricting this movement in certain areas can lead to problems such as buckling or separation when the floor experiences natural expansion and/or contraction.
- If moving heavy furniture or appliances with a dolly always use runways to prevent indentation from the wheels.
- To prevent indentations and scratches remove small diameter buttons/ends from furniture legs and replace with non-staining floor protectors with a surface no less than 1” in diameter.
- When moving large appliances use proper dollies, glides, or 1/8″ Masonite with the shiny side down. Rolling appliances or heavy load bearing carts with small wheels directly across the floor may damage the vinyl floor.
Learn More about Vinyl Flooring
Need help or have any questions?
Call our Flooring Installation Specialists at: 1(888) 788-2254